Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Freshjive



http://www.freshjive.com/home

            This advertisement struck me as captivating even though it is not aimed towards me. The tagline under the pictures says “need the perfect pair of slouchy, wall climbing chinos?” which I think is humorous because of the pictures, but also effective. The series of action shots is appealing and keeps your eyes glued to the advertisement. The pictures make the pants seem comfortable and durable because the model is climbing walls and fences but also looks fashionable. I think the advertisement is trying to appeal to logos because it makes sense to buy pants that can survive anything and look good at the same time.
            The advertisement also slightly appeals to ethos as well because of the excitement of the photos. A guy looking at this advertisement might think the model is a guy with an exciting and adventurous life and subconsciously might think “if I buy those pants I could have that much fun too!” Of course we know just because you buy a pair of pants you won’t automatically have a better life, but it doesn’t stop the thought from slipping into the back of our heads. Overall I think this advertisement is effective in that it demonstrates the good quality of the clothing as well as makes the model wearing the clothing seem cool and exciting.

3 comments:

  1. This is a really interesting advertisement! I definitely agree with your analysis of it, especially about the logos appeal. I liked that you used a bit of humor in the ethos section about how the thought still seems to slip into our heads. I thought that this was very well written and organized. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the your ananlysis of this ad. I definately agree with everything you said (logos appeal) and the way you presented it. I however have never looked quite so put together when I have to climb a fence so I must be doing something wrong. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very interesting advertisement. Where on Earth do you find these ads! They're so alternative and edgy. Just by looking at these pictures, I can immediately tell how adaptable these clothes are. I love it! Ok class is over time to goooo

    ReplyDelete